Please be aware that it’s customary to bathe in the onsen completely naked. The first visit to an onsen might seem intimidating but once you have experienced it you will learn to really enjoy it. Onsen have a few other rules and customs that you must be aware of and abide by:
- Bring your own towel, soap, shampoo, razor, clean clothes and anything else you may need.
- Enter through the correct door for your gender – red for women and blue for men.
- Remove your shoes and all clothing and place them in the storage area.
- Wash yourself with soap and rinse well at the taps along the walls before you enter the bath.
- Do not bring any soaps, liquids or perfumes into the bath!
- The baths are very hot so enter slowly and don’t spend too much time in them.
- Consider leaving some money in the donation box outside as it goes towards the cleaning and maintenance of the baths.
6974-1 Toyosato, Nozawaonsen, Shimotakai-gun, Nagano-ken 389-2502
Mobile: +65 9062 6376
Tel: +81 9064954839 | +81 8043667620
(Contactable only during winter season)